Can you believe Christmas is nearly here again? I’m sure you can!
We are entering into the advent season, and this is a time of waiting and reflecting on the amazing miracle of Jesus’ birth.
As we begin to consume mince pies (maybe you started in October?) – and as we plan presents to buy, parties to arrange and attend, kids Christmas concerts and carol services – may we not lose sight of the meaning of Christmas.
The real story
We have a king who came from heaven to earth as a baby, who was born in humble circumstances and whose family faced challenges.
This is not a king who lived in a palace or who like to get himself an army – but a King who shows us what it is to be truly human; loving, kind and merciful.
This is king wants to know us, and this king – Jesus – invites us to join in in his royal family where the kingdom does not just last 20, 30, 75 years but for eternity.
Come and find out more as we gather each Sunday at 10:30.
Our advent services and more
Join us each Sunday in advent as we go in search of the king:
- Nov 27th – Who is the King and why does He matter? – Matthew 1:18-24
- Dec 4th – Why Search for the king? – Matthew 2:1-12
- Dec 11th – Reject or accept the King of Kings? – Matthew 2:13-23
- Dec 18th – Amazed by the King – Luke 2:13-21 (sign up here)
- Dec 25th – Join us for a short service on Christmas Day to celebrate Christ’s birth
Join our other events this advent:
- Women’s Christmas Craft Evening – 19:30 – 25 November – Book now
- Supper at the Manger – 17:00 – 4 December – sold out
- KCC Christmas Market & Café – 10:00-14:00 – 10 December
- KCC Christmas Carol Concert – 19:00-20:00 – 18 December – Book now